Welcome to KDD Lab!KDD Lab (Knowledge Discovery in Databases Laboratory) is part of the Department of Informatics and Telecommunications of National and Kapodistrian University of Athens.
The main research activities of KDD Lab revolve around data
mining, information retrieval, text mining, social networks,
recommendation systems, wireless sensor networks and knowledge
discovery in general.
- Georgios Chrysinas, B.Sc.
- Georgios Garmpis, B.Sc.
- Georgios Gasparis, B.Sc.
- Dimitris Ginis, B.Sc.
- Stelios Karabassakis, M.Sc.
- Georgios Kafousopoulos, M.Sc.
- Dimitris Kotsakos, Ph.D.
- Dimitris Kotzias, M.Sc.
- Evita Mailli, M.Sc.
- Evangelos Moussas, B.Sc.
- Eleutherios Ouzounoglou, B.Sc.
- Costantinos Pantazis, B.Sc.
- Ilias Panagiwtopoulos, M.Sc.
- Manolis Platakis, B.Sc.
- Panagiotis Sakkos, M.Sc.
- Georgios Stamoulis, B.Sc.
- Stefanos Tsalkas, B.Sc.
- Dimitris Tsitsigkos, B.Sc.
- George Valkanas, Ph.D.
- Nikos Voskarides, B.Sc.
- 2 papers accepted at ECML PKDD 2016! INSIGHT: Dynamic Traffic Management Using Heterogeneous Urban Data and Intelligent Urban Data Monitoring for Smart Cities.
- Paper accepted: Chen Chen, Cewu Lu, Qixing Huang, Qiang Yang, Dimitrios Gunopulos, Leonidas J. Guibas: City-Scale Map Creation and Updating using GPS Collections, KDD 2016
- VaVeL Kick off meeting. More details here.
- Paper accepted: Processing Top-k Dominating Queries in Metric Spaces, ACM Trans. Database Systems 2016
- Our new project VaVeL has received funding! VaVeL is about Variety, Veracity, Value of Big Data and how to handle the Multiplicity of Urban Sensors. Find more details here.
- Paper accepted: Insights on a Scalable and Dynamic Traffic Management System, EDBT 2015
- Dimitrios Kotsakos presented his PhD Thesis on Temporal Search in Document Streams.
- Paper accepted: Elastic complex event processing exploiting prediction, Big Data 2015
- Project INSIGHT has successfully been completed with an excellent grade! Congratulations to all partners (more info here)
- The member of our group George Valkanas has successfully completed his PhD thesis on Mining and Managing User-Generated Content and Preferences.